VEP connects community resources to support and sustain innovation in education to benefit VUSD students.
This all-volunteer group also fosters community recognition of the work of district teachers and staff and enlists the participation of parents, businesses and community members in the education of our district’s children.
VEP was incorporated in 1988 under the name of the Ventura Unified School District Educational Foundation. The name was changed in 1996 to the Ventura Education Partnership. In 2000, VEP went to an all-volunteer board which enabled virtually all funds to go right back into the classroom.
The Ventura Education Partnership Board meets once a month at the Education Service Center, 255 W. Stanley in Ventura.
- We support programs and people that enhance the educational excellence and the health and well being of children.
- We will provide external funding opportunities through grant or application processes.
- We will use funds in a manner consistent with the donor’s expectations.
- We are committed to seeking diverse representation on the board.
- We will make decisions in a consistent, systematic manner.
- We will serve a networking function, bringing together organizations and individuals working together in areas identified by VEP as priorities.
VEP defines innovative projects as forward thinking projects that increase student engagement through the use of active teaching methods, real-world problem solving, student and teacher collaboration and critical thinking with the end goal of maximizing student learning.